Umpire Coach Assessors
A pool of knowledgeable, competent Umpire Coaches and Umpire Assessors is required to enable umpires to develop and achieve high standards of umpiring and accreditation.
Umpire Coach – coaches umpire to develop and improve
Umpire Assessor – assesses umpires to achieve practical awards
The role of the Umpire Coaches and Umpire Assessors are to empower umpires by using effective coaching methods that promote Umpire Centred Learning (UCL) to:
- Assist umpires to develop self-analysis
- Analyse an umpire’s performance and pinpoint strengths and areas to develop
- Communicate in an honest and constructive manner
- Make decisions that are detached and impartial
- Exercise duties in a professional manner and maintain confidentiality.
- Coach umpires to improve umpire’s performance and encourage progression along the accreditation pathway
- Assess umpires according to the assessment requirements set out by NNZ
Northern Zone: NZ Umpire Coaching Group