Netball Northern and Northern Mystics (Netball Northern) is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected according to the relevant privacy legislation. By providing your personal information to Netball Northern, you authorise Netball Northern to collect, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 and the terms set out in this policy.
Netball Northern will collect, store and use the information about you which you provide when you register and/or provide in any other written and verbal communications with Netball Northern. This information may include, for example, your name, address, email address, phone number and teams you support. Please note that if you elect not to provide certain personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the services, products, or information you require. Netball Northern may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- administer the sport of netball;
- promote the game of netball (including marketing to members by Netball Northern commercial partners);
- provide you services, offers and/or communications associated with Netball Northern and/or membership programmes;
- inform you of important netball-related information or related events;
- contact you (either directly or by appointing another organisation) to carry out market research and surveys;
- track and analyse activity on our website(s); and
- create an individual profile for you so that we can enhance your user experience, to understand and respect your preferences and to provide details of relevant offers and opportunities where you have agreed to receive them.
In order to provide certain products and services, Netball Northern may appoint other organisations to carry out some of the processing of activities on our behalf. In some circumstances, Netball Northern may share your personal information with service providers who perform services that Netball Northern have requested. Our service providers are not authorised by us to use or disclose your personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf in accordance with this policy or to comply with legislation.
Netball Northern may also be required by law to disclose information you provide. Netball Northern will only make the disclosure if it believes in good faith that it is required to do so.Your personal information may be provided to Netball Northern commercial partners to further the purposes referred to under this policy. Netball Northern commercial partners may include, for example, organisations which partner with Netball Northern to provide sponsorship and support to Netball Northern in exchange for access to marketing opportunities with Netball Northern and its members.
Where you provide personal information to Netball Northern, it is your responsibility to ensure that personal information you provided is correct, complete and up to date. However, you are entitled to access and request correction of the personal information Netball Northern holds about you. You may update or correct your personal information online by:
- contacting Netball Northern in writing;
- by email at the following address
- logging into your account (if you have one).
From time to time, the disclosures made by Netball Northern under this policy may be to organisations or commercial partners located outside of New Zealand, including cloud service providers, software providers, accountants and other service providers. This may mean that some of your information may be disclosed, held and/or processed outside of New Zealand. Where these organisations are based overseas, Netball Northern will take reasonable steps to satisfy itself that they are subject to privacy laws that, overall, provide comparable safeguards under the Privacy Act 2020, or take such steps in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020.
Netball Northern (or its commercial partners) may also contact you to tell you about offers and opportunities that are available and about a range of other initiatives in a number of ways, including by post, telephone, text/video message or by email (where required by law these marketing communications will not be sent without your consent).
Netball Northern will take reasonable steps to safely and securely store your personal information against un-authorised disclosure, use, loss, or other misuse. Netball Northern emphasises that information sent over the internet may be unsecure, and it is your responsibility to ensure the secure transmission of your personal information to Netball Northern.
In the event of a privacy breach or potential privacy breach, you should report the breach or potential breach to Netball Northern’s Privacy Officer on
The Privacy Officer will review any complaint or reported breach. The Privacy Officer will respond to the complainant or reporter outlining next steps and their reasons for taking those steps. The Privacy Officer will also consider whether any privacy breach is a notifiable privacy breach, therefore requiring notification to the Privacy Commissioner and affected individuals under the Privacy Act 2020.
The factors that will be considered in their assessment as to whether a privacy breach is notifiable include:
- any action taken by Netball Northern to reduce the risk of harm following the breach;
- whether the personal information is sensitive in nature;
- the nature of the harm that may be caused to affected individuals;
- the person or body that has obtained or may obtain personal information as a result of the breach (if known);
- whether the personal information is protected by a security measure; and
- any other relevant matters.